Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Like Grape Soda

 
A Republican lawmaker from rural central Pennsylvania who describes himself as a conservative Christian has made history as the first openly gay member of the state legislature.
Rep. Mike Fleck, 39, of Huntingdon, disclosed that he is gay in an interview with the Huntingdon Daily News published Saturday.
Fleck, who recently separated from his wife of almost a decade, told the newspaper he had struggled with his sexuality for years and hoped his openness would help others better understand the journey people have to take to live an authentic life.
"Coming out is hard enough, but doing it in the public eye is definitely something I never anticipated," he said.
 
That's right...I like grape soda and I don't care what anyone thinks about that.  I've long debated making this public knowledge, and it was a hard decision.  However, it's important that you know. 

I figured as long as it seems important to people what other people enjoy sexually, you might want to know what kind of soft drinks I enjoy.  It has the same relevance as far as I'm concerned.  The only difference is that my "community" (grape soda drinkers, inc.) doesn't stand up and shout it from the roof tops while claiming to want to be treated the same as everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment